Eton Clarke has been mandated by an investment bank looking to hire a VP level Interest Rates Derivatives Trader. The role will primarily focus on trading Interest Rate Swaps across EUR, USD & GBP.
Details of the role:
To join as a member of the Flow Derivatives trading team, working under the main book runners, as a market-maker and risk-manager of linear interest-rate derivatives.
- Developing pricing and risk-management infrastructure for market making revenue generation and monitor interest rate markets for trading opportunities.
- To work with other members of flow derivatives team and sales to develop a coherent and consistent framework for coverage of internal and external clients.
- To ensure pro-active risk management of positions, right sizing the risk appetite and balance sheet utilisation according to liquidity conditions, client flows and helping achieve the budget within acceptable P&L volatility tolerance.
- To adhere to all compliance regulation and ensure a strong controls focus in all business activities.
- To analyse and develop client trading and market making strategies and ensure that internal dealing platforms are supported to facilitate efficient internal deal capture, and attract corporate clients and new business.
- Write and disseminate market commentary, providing regular market colour and comments, desk views and trade ideas to sales and clients.
- A minimum of 3yrs interest rate swaps trading experience as a VP on a market-making desk.
- Structuring and pricing of standard and bespoke non-standard interest rate swaps in EUR, and/or GBP, USD.
- Involved in the managing and development of e-trading platforms.
- Understanding of curve construction methods.
- Understanding of implications of various CSA types on pricing and risk-management of interest-rate derivatives
- Advanced Excel/VBA skills
- Good knowledge of EUR Swaps markets.